As one of the oldest chambers of commerce among the Gulf countries, Qatar Chamber was established in 1963 by virtue of Law No (4) of the year 1963 is to organize business interests and represent the Qatari private sector locally and globally.
The Chamber’s Competences:
- Collecting, arranging and publishing information and statistics about commerce, industry and agriculture sectors and providing the government with the required data, information and opinions related to commercial, industrial and agricultural issues.
- Expressing views – in an advisory capacity – with respect to the establishment of stock exchanges; commercial, industrial and agricultural markets and fairs as well as to the granting of franchising related to public utilities.
- Providing ministries and competent authorities with proposals and opinions concerning laws and regulations relating to the commerce, industry and agriculture.
- Appointing commercial, industrial or agricultural experts for studying and reviewing the commercial, industrial or agricultural issues, and to examine the commodities in disputed and to ratify the experts’ testimonies in this regard.
- Organizing commercial, industrial and agricultural expos, fairs, museums and souks (markets), as well as other facilities within the frame of the laws and regulations.
- Holding economic conferences inside or outside Qatar .
- Issuance certificates of origin, the nationality of exporters and prices of commodities.
- Settling disputes upon the desire of disputing parties with alternative means.
- Approving data and documents of individuals and commercial companies when applying for the commercial registration, renewing or amending.
The Chamber’s Constituents:
- General Assembly
- Chamber’s Board of Directors
- Chairman of the Board
- Vice Chairman
- Honorary Treasurer
- Executive Office
- Chamber’s executive body
Vision, Message and Objectives:
To achieve an international leadership among world chambers in the framework of Qatar National Vision 2030.
To better represent and support the Qatari business community and highlight the business opportunities available in the various sectors and industries in Qatar.
- Regulating, representing, defending and promoting the commercial, industrial and agricultural interests.
- Providing support and developing the national economy and productivity for the advantage of the country in general and the interests of its member companies in particular.
- Supporting and developing a sustainable business environment for local and foreign businesses.
- Developing the international trading system and enhancing its cooperation with other chambers of commerce around the world.
- Enhancing Qatari economy diversity and attracting foreign investments.
- Exerting all possible efforts to enhance the position of Qatar as an international center and destination for business and investments.
- Holding and participating in exhibitions.
This post is also available in: Arabic